Mrs. Stone's Class

of Fabulous Fifth Graders!

About Me

Mrs. Stone
Mrs. Stone

My name is Lisa Stone and I teach fifth grade at Hollis Upper Elementary School!  I feel very fortunate to have worked in the Hollis school community as a third, fourth and now fifth grade teacher since 1997!

I graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a BS in Child and Family Studies and Psychology and a MEd in Elementary Education.

Throughout my teaching career, I have had extensive experience working with numerous agencies in the education community.  I was twice elected by the NH Department of Education to the Professional Standards Board, the Advisory Board to the Department of Education regarding professional growth, certification, and governance of education.  I served on the Department of Education Social Studies Standards, Master Teacher, and Teacher Recruitment and Retention subcommittees and was appointed by the Commissioner of Education to an adjunct committee to craft language to define “Adequate Education” for the State of NH. For six years I served as Chair of NEA-NH’s Professional Development Committee to plan, organize and conduct all State and Regional professional development opportunities and  I have taught workshops on Behavior Management and Personality/Learning styles to teachers. I find my work in this regard challenging and rewarding and beneficial to my teaching in the classroom.

I love teaching fifth graders in a community dedicated to providing rigorous, individualized education to all students, and look forward to an exciting year!